Thursday, February 12, 2009

Inspiration





I am now busy filling summer orders. Unlike sewing polar fleece in the middle of summer, making straw hats and delicate flowers in the dead of winter is really fun. It's the closest I will get to going south this year. I'm starting to get with the program and I am realizing that I need to start thinking of next fall's hats. Lamenting this fact to Tony one evening , he kindly offered his assistance. As you can see, designing is a family affair around here. What was once a mere table napkin has now been transformed into a thing of mystique and beauty. I am also posting photos of one of the beautiful hankies that I am working with and the flowers that they are being turned into. This is the most fun I've had in a while. Part of the reality of production is making the same thing over and over and over again. Now I get to make the same thing over and over, but each one is a surprise. It's always the little things that make me happy.

3 comments:

aliceinparis said...

That hankie is beautiful! I am glad it is being used as a flower and not for something else:)

LexThom said...

This pic of Tony brought back an old memory that I didn't even know I had! When I was a child in Toronto, my mother and I were out walking one day and ended up at a church. She wanted to go in and light a candle, but that was in the days when women didn't enter a Catholic church without wearing a hat. She didn't have a hat, but she had a hankie in her purse. So -- you guessed it -- she draped it over her head and we went in. Looking back, I think she looked a lot like Tony ...

Mickey Johnson said...

Love your new model...Tony. He might have a new career ahead of him.LOL I can't wait to get my new hat. I know I will love it. I really like what you are doing with the hankies...they are so neat. I actually have a few, but I don't think I can make them blossom like you do. Blessings, Mickey